Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Baby.

Happy Valentine's Day, My Darling

by j. gabrielle

I love your spirit.

I love your positive "never gonna get beat" attitude.

I love how our glass is always "half full".

I love the adventures in boxing and face painting and writing for the magazine and going to shows and playing music and going on cruises and making wherever we are "home" because you are there.

I love how you play harmonica along with concerts on T.V.

I love how you call to say you are on your way home to me.  I really love when you "butt dial" me accidentally immediately after hanging up and I can hear you singing along with Chaka Khan in the car.

I love that you really do try to eat right and even though you don't like salads, you will eat one now and then.

I love that you are "strong enough to be my man".  I'm a handful.  Sometimes, I'm two handfuls.  I know this.

I love that you shine up my boots for me before a gig.

I love falling asleep in your arms and the symphony of turning over during the night.

I love that you can't remember what you drink at Starbucks and if I'm not there you will order "something vanilla and wet with 5 squirts."

I love all of your zany stories of a date with Tina Turner and all the crazy baseball stories and I love it that you don't remember if you told me already or don't seem to mind me lying that "you haven't" just so I can hear them again.

I love your calm and that you are always the same person, no matter what is going on in your life.  I like that this calm is reflected in your eyes and your skin and your smile and it reminds me of moving water on ancient rocks in a pleasant creek.

I love it that I feel safe with you.  Always.

I love your patience.  I love your wisdom.

I love it that your Mama and children and grandchildren come first.

I love how faces explode into smiles when you walk into a room.  (Okay.  Most rooms).

I love that you believe in me.

I love that I have this chance to be your girl.

I love you.  Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment